Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moving On... Sounds, Sights and Insights

Now we reach the things I see and hear and think, outcomes of my many wanderings. Next year, hopefully I will go away to college and then the answer to the question of my return will become an iffy one. I spend my free time, between work and classes and coming home and going out to play, walking. I've walked far and wide, seen things that aren't all quite suitable for the location (like a pathology lab in Fontainhas), and some that can't have been set in a more appropriate place (like the old man who plays the violin at his window every time I pass his house- he's a nice old bloke, I've stopped to chat).

My daily wanderings have really taught me a lot about where I live. I can now catalogue a reasonably long list of dead-end roads, built for no apparent or even unapparent reason. They lead to nowhere where no other road leads to, and they don't pass anywhere else that people might use it for other destinations.

On the other hand, there are some places which have a minimum of four separate roads leading to them, all useful. I guess that's what they mean by "well-connected".

The clouds are back, great grey fiends, they are. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain.
I love almost every aspect of it, except this: the dung doesn't dry. Goa is berserk in some ways, it's a blend of village, city, town, tourist destination and more. Here I speak of the village element. Cattle and all, them are here all over, they play the part of road dividers and such, even.
Well, about the rain and the dung... for someone with the tendency to step, you know (the rain keeps the dung very wet), it doesn't work. I am one of those people. I am clumsy. I step and slip and fall and drop and break and more, it's terrible. Thank god it hasn't affected my cookery, especially at work.

Speaking of cookery (and now I segue) I made rotis a few days ago. Some were round (and impressively so, really), the others ... erm ... I think the term "amoebic" would be an appropriate generalization.

I think I've exhausted my entire archive of talking points, or at least those I remember. I'll write again in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fool interpret a scarcely any of the articles on your website trendy, and I unqualifiedly like your tastefulness of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap age list and last will and testament be checking back soon. Divert check in view my site as well and vindicate me be acquainted with what you think. Thanks.